Inside: Fight mold and soap scum naturally with this DIY Daily Shower Spray recipe! Just shower, and spray down the bathroom. Wipe down if you have some tough stains.
I find it hilarious that I blog about cleaning so often and yet my one desire is to find the ultimate solution that allows me to clean less often. Nothing makes me feel more accomplished than doing two cleaning tasks at once (like when I deep clean my kitchen sink and clean my compost bin at the same time; or when I clean my oven racks and glass stove top simultaneously!)
And the same goes for when I have a luxurious shower and then use my DIY daily shower spray to stop the spread of soap scum 🙂 Soap scum is that gross film that builds up on bathroom fixtures after a couple of days and it can lead to mold forming over the long term. It’s not harmful, but it’s certainly something you want to get rid of soonest because once it builds up, it is really hard to scrub off. And no one likes using elbow grease if they don’t have to – right?
This daily shower spray is all natural and doesn’t use harsh chemicals. You can spray it on and leave it or you can wipe it down with a soft cloth if you really want to. I also like to scent mine with a bit of essential oils to give it a little freshness. Switching the scents seasonally is so nice!
This shower spray works like a charm to keep that shower head sparkly clean.
- 1 Tablespoon liquid dish soap
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 5-8 drops of essential oil in lavender or lemon scent
- 2-2.5 cups warm water
- spray bottle
- Mix all the ingredients into a spray bottle, adding the essential oils last to make sure it's an agreeable amount for you.
- Spray down the shower stall with a few spritzes after each shower or bath.
- Allow the mixture to sit indefinitely or after a few minutes, you can squeegee it or wipe it down with a clean cloth.
- Use regularly or daily to keep the soap scum at bay.
Here are some other cleaning posts you’ll love