Inside: This four-ingredient recipe is lovingly referred to as ‘crack’ because it’s irresistible. Using graham crackers and a basic butterscotch, this baked cookie dessert is done in 15 minutes and perfect for a crowd or BBQ.
Obsessed. I’m obsessed with this recipe. I mean, the simple things in life are the best aren’t they? And one cannot beat mixing four pantry staples together to form something so flippin’ delicious.
This Butterscotch Graham Cracker Crack recipe came from a place of love and family. Maybe that’s why it tastes so good? I remember the first time I had it. It was the heat of summer and my sister-in-law’s Mom had sent a big tin of it up to the cottage as a snack. The tin was empty in less than an hour 🙂
We’ve called it ‘crack’, but it’s really a butterscotch or you might even call it a caramel or toffee (though there is no cream in this recipe). Whatever you call it, it’s deliciously sinful and simple to make.
Read on for this recipe or make sure you Pin it for Later. You might also want to check out my last 10-minute recipe for No-Bake Berry Parfait aka Cookie Salad 🙂 I seem to have this thing for giving my baking strange and unique names 😛
- 1 package honey graham crackers
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 TB kosher salt (optional)
- Line a deep cookie sheet with tin foil. No need to grease it.
- Preheat oven to 375F and put rack in the middle position.
- Line the cookie sheet with one layer of graham crackers. You can break them up if you need to make them fit.
- Sprinkle half the almonds over the crackers.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the butter and sugar to a boil and promptly remove from heat. (Add in vanilla here if desired).
- Pour over the crackers and almonds, trying to get it as even as possible.
- Top with remaining almonds and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Put in preheated oven for 8 minutes
- Remove to rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 2g