Sharing is caring!
Inside: A healthier take on the classic Cookie Salad, this cookies ‘n cream berry parfait is made with yogurt and seasonal fruit and comes together in about ten minutes.
My kid is two things when it comes to snacks – a berry monster and a cookie monster 🙂 I have watched her polish off a whole pint of blueberries in one sitting and then ask for more. And of course, because she is also my child, she does the same with her animal cracker cookies.
I started to look for ways to combine the two things into a healthy snack dessert that I could pull together quickly and that wouldn’t be too sugary or over the top. I ended up with my take on a classic Cookie Salad. Traditionally, cookie salad is made with creamy elements and citrus fruit. But that’s not to my taste… I love orange cream, but the idea of putting canned mandarins into whipped cream somehow doesn’t sit right with me.
So I swapped a few elements and gave it a twist and it turned into an instant hit. I’m calling it a Cookies ‘n’ Cream Berry Parfait. I’m pretty sure you could add in other fruits if you like or change out the type of cookie. I think it would be really fun with Oreos or fudge cookies. You could add some nuts if and drizzle chocolate sauce if you wanted to turn it into more of a sundae.
This yogurt based creamy dessert is perfect for an afternoon snack or for a crowd. Comes together in about 10 minutes and is ready to serve immediately.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 entire package vanilla chocolate drizzle cookies
- 2 cups mixed berries (your choice)
- Coarse chop the cookies. Reserve 1/2 cup in a separate bowl.
- Use an electric mixer or hand blender to whip cream until it forms soft peaks (about 90 seconds).
- Add in sugar, vanilla and almond extract and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. (About another minute or so)
- In three batches, gently fold the yogurt into the cream.
- Fold in majority of cookie bits (not the reserved bit), and 1 3/4 cups of the berries.
- Pour entire mixture into a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Top with remaining cookie crumble and berries.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest
Sharing is caring!